COMP20 Web Programming
Course Description & Prereq’s
An introduction to techniques, principles, and practices of writing computer programs for the World Wide Web. Server and browser capabilities and limits. Media types, handlers, and limitations. Web programming languages and techniques. Web security, privacy, and commerce. Lectures augmented with programming projects illustrating concepts and current practice.
COMP 11: Introduction to Computer Science
This is a course in web programming. You do not need to know anything about the web- we will cover than in class. But you should have solid grasp of programming concepts, and you should be able to create a moderately complex piece of code. If you have any concerns, please talk to me!
- Get you from 0 to 60 – FAST!
- Understand the many modalities of Web Programming – it’s not what you may think!
- Get your dev skills to the next level
- Along the way, learn some very useful software tools that will serve you well in future endeavors (and look cool on a resume)
Lisa DiOrio email@example.com
Communication & Assistance
Lisa’s office hours: Thursday: 7-8pm in my Sococo office, M/W 7:15-7:45 (in the zoom classroom)
TA Office hours: Sunday at 11am, Monday at 9pm, Tuesday 9pm, Friday, 3pm (in the comp20 OH room in sococo)
Additional office hours available on request. Best to post on Piazza.
TA Office Hours Policy: Office Hours will last for approximately an hour. If you need more time, it is at the discretion of the TA as to whether they can stay longer. Important! If no one shows up for an Office Hours slot within the first 45 minutes, the TA may end early.
Piazza course link: https://piazza.com/tufts/spring2021/comp20
Send requests/posts as much as possible through Piazza
- Virtual Classroom: https://tufts.zoom.us/j/96194007014?pwd=ZjhLSTNzVnZURVZ6NVg1cS9hUFlhZz09
- Office Hours (when needed): https://bit.ly/comp20meeting
Assignments will be posted and are to be submitted using Canvas.
Make sure you have access!
Will be posted in Piazza the beginning of each week with any important announcements or schedule updates.